In addition to being known as extremely talented and capable engineers, the graduates of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Ruhuna University, are known for good networking among themselves. The Ruhuna Alumni Association of Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduates (RACEE) is founded with the aim of formalizing such strong relationships among the department and its graduates who are practicing as Engineers now. Initiated in 2012, the association is expected to pave way for active collaborations among the stake holders,
- to provide an opportunity to interact with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering after graduation.
- to further the professional development of the graduates.
- to provide an opportunity to network among Ruhuna Civil Engineering Graduates.
- to foster relationship among graduates and the undergraduates of the Department of Civil end Environmental Engineering
- to facilitate the department to shape the undergraduate programme to meet the current demand of the industry.
Empowered by its constitution, the organization continues to achieve its objective under the guidance of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.